There is new advice on the ESTA website advising that 'real-time' ESTA approvals are no longer available.
This means that travellers who arrive at the airport without an ESTA for a flight to the USA will NOT be able to obtain one before they board, and will not be granted access to the USA on arrival without one.
If you or your travellers are heading to the USA soon, please check:
- If you have an ESTA already, verify the expiration date.
- The current visa and ESTA requirements for the USA. If you are unsure whether you need an ESTA or a visa, please talk to your Travel Manager.
- If you need to renew or apply for an ESTA please do so at this link: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/
- If you need to travel to the USA last minute or within 72 hours, and are yet to have your ESTA approved please apply immediately and do so before you even check for flight availability. Even if you are not travelling for a while, it is better to apply for an ESTA sooner rather than later.
- Your travel consultant cannot do this for you. You need to apply for an ESTA yourself.
- Please print out your ESTA approval and carry with you when you travel.
Please contact your Campus Travel team or Consultant for more information.